Are you considering signing up for Skillshare but unsure if Skillshare Pricing is worth it?
Or perhaps you’re already a member but wondering if there might be a better pricing option for you? In this article, we will take a detailed look at Skillshare’s pricing plans and the features they include, as well as provide some tips for maximizing the value of your membership.
Skillshare is an online learning platform that offers a wide variety of courses in subjects such as art, design, business, and technology. With over 30,000 classes and over 7 million members, it is one of the most popular and well-respected platforms of its kind.
However, like any subscription service, it’s important to carefully consider the cost and whether it aligns with your learning goals and budget. In this article, we will examine Skillshare’s pricing options, the features they offer, and provide some tips on how to get the most out of your membership. By the end, you should have a better understanding of whether Skillshare is worth the cost for you.
What is Skillshare?
Skillshare is an online learning platform that offers thousands of courses in a variety of subjects, including art, design, business, technology, and more. The platform was founded in 2010 and has since grown to become one of the most popular and well-respected learning platforms in its field, with over 7 million members and over 30,000 courses.
In terms of course content, Skillshare offers a wide range of options. There are classes that are suitable for beginners, as well as more advanced courses for those who are looking to take their skills to the next level. Many courses are taught by industry professionals who are experts in their fields, which helps to ensure that the content is high quality and up-to-date.
Skillshare is a comprehensive and user-friendly platform that is well-suited for those who are looking to learn new skills or improve their existing skills in a variety of subjects. Whether you are a beginner or an experienced learner, there is likely to be something on the platform that will suit your needs and interests. So, it is a great platform for learners.
What are Skillshare’s Key Features?
Skillshare is one of the big players in the online course industry, with a long history and a huge repertoire of students. Its huge catalog of courses that span across various industries make it one of the most well-known platforms out there, where you can learn almost any skill you can think of.
Here is an overview of some of the key features that Skillshare provides:
- Creative and practical focus: Skillshare places a strong emphasis on helping students develop creative and practical skills that they can use in their personal or professional lives. This sets it apart from some other platforms that may focus more on theoretical or academic subjects.
- Community learning: Skillshare encourages students to share their work and ideas with their peers and offers interactive elements such as live Q&A sessions and group projects. This creates a collaborative and supportive learning environment that can be very beneficial for students.
- Wide range of subjects: Skillshare offers courses in a wide range of subjects, including art, design, business, technology, and more. This makes it a good choice for those who are interested in learning about multiple subjects or who are looking for a specific course that may not be offered on other platforms.
- High-quality content: Many of the courses on Skillshare are taught by industry professionals who are experts in their fields. This helps to ensure that the content is high quality and up-to-date.
- User-friendly platform: Skillshare has a user-friendly platform that is easy to navigate and use. This makes it a good choice for those who may be new to online learning or who are not comfortable with more technical platforms.
- Flexible learning options: Skillshare offers a variety of course formats, including self-paced courses, live classes, and mini-courses, which allows students to choose the learning format that best fits their schedule and needs. This flexibility can be particularly useful for those who have busy schedules or who prefer a specific type of learning format.
And that is not all. Skillshare is rife with features that provide an excellent learning environment for students and make them keep coming back for more. At Skillshare’s pricing, is it a worthy investment to make? Let’s dive in.
What is Skillshare’s Pricing?
Skillshare has two main plans, for individuals and for teams. Each of these come with a simple, single-tier subscription that provides access to all of the features in Skillshare. Let’s take a look at each of these plans in detail.
Do note Skillshare offers a 30 day free trial. The free trial allows you to get a feel of the platform and material before purchasing one of their plans.
Skillshare’s individual subscription plan is a paid membership option that allows users to access all of the platform’s courses and features. There are two main options for the individual subscription plan: a monthly plan and an annual plan.
- Do note that the price varies over time and differs across regions. The numbers below are the approximate costs as of 2023.
- $32 per Month (Billed Monthly)
- $14 per Month (Billed Annually)
- Skillshare offers a 14 day money back guarantee
- There are also many discounts for students and plenty of perks of being a member
What You Get And What You Don’t:
What You Get:
- Full access to the expansive course catalog
- Offline viewing and mobile device accessibility
- Project reviews and progress tracking
- Personalized recommendations and premium Skillshare content
- Many discounts and perks to receive
What You Don’t:
- Certification of completion after a course for your resume
- No live classes or interactive learning and tutoring
- Quality of the courses depend on the instructors, many of whom are not industry experts
Skillshare’s Teams plan is a paid membership option designed for businesses and organizations that want to provide their employees with access to the platform’s courses and features. The Teams plan allows multiple users to access the platform at a discounted rate and includes additional features such as team management tools and the ability to create custom course lists.
The cost of the Team’s plan varies based on the number of users and the length of the subscription. Generally, the more users a team has and the longer the subscription term, the lower the cost per user.
- $159 per User (Billed Annually)
What You Get And What You Don’t:
What You Get:
- Full access to the course catalog
- Team management tools
- Custom course lists to create a personalized learning experience
- Easy-to-use admin managing and progress tracking
What You Don’t:
- Integration with other HR systems
- Accreditation for completing courses
Is Skillshare Worth it?
For General Learners
For the general learner looking to dabble in courses of all areas, Skillshare is a great option at an extremely affordable price. With an extremely long trial duration, learners can get a comprehensive feel of the platform and decide if it is for them or not. Many platforms do not offer such a generous free trial duration. With discounts and additional member perks, the decision becomes easier.
Furthermore, Skillshare offers an immense course catalog for this group of learners, ranging from productivity courses to video editing. If you are a learner just looking to upskill in all areas, Skillshare is a great place to get started.
Although Skillshare may be more affordable than the majority of course platforms out there, it doesn’t quite make the cut for a platform to learn programming on. Sure, for beginner programmers, the courses offered will definitely get the job done. However, when looking at a regular subscription, a beginner programmer would soon find out that they would need additional resources to dive deeper into programming.
However, if you are just looking to get into programming and a few other hobbies, Skillshare is a great option and will do the trick at an affordable price.
What Are Some Alternatives?
For General Learners
There are many course platforms out there that are great alternatives for Skillshare, although many are at a higher price. Linkedin Learning is a great choice that provides integration with Linkedin and accreditation for completing courses that you can showcase on your resume to boost your portfolio. You can read more on How Much is Linkedin Learning here.
For anyone looking to invest more time into programming, there are several great choices out there. For a platform that also runs on a subscription basis but is worlds apart in terms of the amount of programming material and course content is Codecademy. Codecademy will keep any learning programmer busy for an unending amount of time and provide courses that are heavily specialized. You can read on Codecademy Pricing here.
Another great option is Pluralsight. Similar to Codecademy, Pluralsight has a much larger emphasis on providing courses and content on programming. Pluralsight also places a great emphasis on industry readiness and comes with a bunch more features to help learners achieve this. You can read on Pluralsight Pricing here.
I have also done a round up on the Best Online Course Platforms to learn Programming in 2023. That can help give you a better idea of the options available to you and what they provide.
Wrap Up and Final Words
In conclusion, Skillshare is a comprehensive and user-friendly platform that offers a wide range of courses in subjects such as art, design, business, and technology. With its focus on practical, hands-on learning and emphasis on community learning, it is a valuable resource for those who are looking to learn new skills or improve their existing skills.
While the platform does have a cost, its pricing is competitive with other online learning platforms and offers a good value for the features and content it provides. With its flexible learning options and money-back guarantee, it is definitely worth considering for those interested in online learning.
Overall, whether Skillshare is worth it will depend on your learning goals and budget. If you are looking for a platform that offers a wide range of courses and emphasizes practical, hands-on learning, Skillshare may be a good fit for you.
Read More: Find out how Skillshare fairs against Udemy in our review of Skillshare vs Udemy