LinkedIn Learning is a powerful tool for professionals looking to improve their skills and advance their careers. With a vast library of over 16,000 courses covering a wide range of subjects, including business, technology, and creative skills, it’s no wonder LinkedIn Learning is so popular.
With such attractive offerings, I was inclined to purchase a subscription and try out some of the courses myself. However, I found it very hard to figure how much is Linkedin Learning. Hence, I decided to make it easy for everyone.
I’ll also provide tips on how to get the most value out of your subscription and share some alternative options if you decide LinkedIn Learning isn’t the right fit for you.
By the end of this guide, you’ll easily be able to answer the question regarding Linkedin Learning’s cost and whether it is worth the investment for your professional needs.
- What is Linkedin Learning?
- What are Linkedin Learning’s Key Features?
- How Much is Linkedin Learning Exactly?
- Is Linkedin Learning Worth it?
- What Linkedin Learning courses are available with a subscription?
- Frequently-Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is Linkedin Learning?
LinkedIn Learning is an online learning platform that offers courses on a variety of subjects, including business, technology, and creative skills. It was created by LinkedIn, the popular professional networking site, and is available as a standalone service or as an add-on to a LinkedIn Premium subscription.
The platform has over 16,000 courses taught by industry experts, and new courses are added every week. LinkedIn Learning courses are self-paced and can be accessed on any device, making it easy to learn new skills at your own pace and on your own time.
LinkedIn Learning is a great resource for professionals looking to improve their skills and advance their careers. Whether you’re a seasoned veteran looking to stay up to date with the latest industry trends, or a newcomer looking to build a strong foundation in your field, LinkedIn Learning has something for everyone. The platform offers courses for all skill levels, from beginner to advanced, so you can find the right course to meet your needs.
Additionally, LinkedIn Learning tracks your progress and provides certificates of completion for courses, which can be added to your LinkedIn profile to showcase your new skills to potential employers.
What are Linkedin Learning’s Key Features?
LinkedIn Learning is a great resource for professionals looking to improve their skills and advance their careers. Whether you’re a seasoned veteran looking to stay up to date with the latest industry trends, or a newcomer looking to build a strong foundation in your field, LinkedIn Learning has something for everyone.
Here is an overview of some of the key features that Linkedin Learning provides:
- Unlock Your Professional Potential: With LinkedIn Learning, you have access to a vast library of online courses designed to help you improve your skills and advance your career.
- Innovative Integration: As a subsidiary of the professional networking platform LinkedIn, LinkedIn Learning integrates flawlessly with your LinkedIn account. You can easily add certificates of completion from the courses you take to showcase your newfound expertise to potential employers.
- Endless Course Options: The platform boasts an extensive range of courses covering an array of subjects, including business, technology, and creative skills. With over 16,000 courses to select from, you’re sure to find something that aligns with your professional development goals.
- Flexible Learning: With self-paced courses, you can learn at your own pace and on your own schedule. Plus, with a 30-day free trial, you can test the platform before committing to a paid subscription.
- Access Anywhere: The platform’s courses are accessible on any device, allowing you to learn and grow your skills wherever you are.
- Certified Progress: LinkedIn Learning tracks your progress and awards certificates of completion, which can be added to your LinkedIn profile. This serves as a tangible representation of the new skills and knowledge you’ve acquired through the platform. Note: the tracking and certificates feature is not available during the free trial.”
This is just a summary and Linkedin Learning offers much more, which you can see on their website. However, let’s dive into Linkedin Learning’s pricing scheme and discuss whether it is worth the price or not.
How Much is Linkedin Learning Exactly?
Linkedin Learning has plans for three different audiences – Individual learners, Teams and Organizations, each with their own pricing and features. Let’s discuss the key highlights of each and their pricing.
One important detail to note is that Linkedin Learning offers a 30 day free trial with limited access to features. You will not have access to all courses, progress tracking and certificates of completion. Nevertheless, it is a good way to experience the features Linkedin Learning has to offer.
LinkedIn Learning offers an individual subscription plan that gives users access to the platform’s entire library of over 16,000 courses. With the individual plan, you can take as many courses as you’d like and learn at your own pace.
The individual plan is perfect for professionals who want to improve their skills and advance their careers, but don’t need the added features of LinkedIn Premium, such as job search tools and the ability to message recruiters.
- $19.99 per Month (Billed Annually)
- $29.99 per Month (Billed Monthly)
What You Get And What You Don’t:
What You Get:
- First 30 days free with a free trial
- Unlimited access to course library
- Access to the community features
- Tracking and Certificates for completion of a course to display on your Linkedin Profile
What You Don’t:
- Features of Linkedin Premium Subscription, Including job search tools
- inMail Credits
- Career advice and career services
- Linkedin Pulse
LinkedIn Learning offers a Teams Plan that is designed for businesses looking to provide professional opportunities for their employees. The Teams Plan gives users access to the entire LinkedIn Learning course library, as well as a variety of features and tools to help businesses manage and track employee learning.
With the Teams Plan, businesses can create custom learning paths for their employees, assign courses and track progress, and get insights and reports on employee learning. The Teams Plan also includes a central dashboard for administrators to manage user accounts and access, as well as a variety of integrations with other business tools.
- $379.88 per User per Year
- No Monthly subscription
- Additional customisation can be made to suit businesses’ needs with a respective quote. View more on the website.
What You Get And What You Don’t:
What You Get (For Base Price):
- Unlimited access to course library
- Access to custom learning paths and assignments
- Progress tracking and central administrator dashboard
What You Don’t (Can be customised):
- Integrations with other business tools
- Custom Branding
LinkedIn Learning’s Organization Plan is designed for large businesses and organizations that want to provide professional development opportunities for their employees. The organization plan includes all of the features of the Teams Plan, as well as additional tools and resources for managing employee learning at scale.
With the organization plan, businesses can create custom learning paths for their employees, assign courses and track progress, and get insights and reports on employee learning.
- Approximately $410 per User per Year (Base Price)
- Additional discounts for larger businesses
- Additional customisation can be made to suit businesses’ needs with a respective quote. View more on the website
What You Get:
- All the features of Teams Plan
- Custom branding and host custom content
- Integration with various business tools
Is Linkedin Learning Worth it?
Linkedin Learning’s individual plan starts at $29.99 per month, or $19.99 per month with an annual subscription. While this may seem like a significant investment, it can be worth it for individuals looking to improve their skills and advance their careers.
With access to the entire course library, expert instructors, self-paced learning, and tracking and certificates, LinkedIn Learning offers a comprehensive learning experience that can help you achieve your professional goals.
Additionally, the platform’s integration with LinkedIn can help you showcase your new skills to potential employers and stand out in the job market. If you’re committed to improving your skills and advancing your career, the investment in LinkedIn Learning is definitely worth it.
For programmers, there are many different course platforms out there that may be worth a look. Check out the review on the Best Online Course Platforms. I have also covered specific platform’s pricing such as Pluralsight pricing.
LinkedIn Learning’s teams and organization plans are designed for businesses and organisations looking to provide professional development opportunities for their employees. Since the pricing for these plans is customised based on the size of the team or organization and the features needed, they can be tailor made with a commensurate price and a worthwhile investment for businesses.
By providing employees with access to LinkedIn Learning’s comprehensive course library and expert instructors, businesses can help their employees improve their skills and advance their careers, which can ultimately benefit the organization as a whole.
The teams and organization plans also include tools and resources for managing employee learning, such as custom learning paths, progress tracking, and insights and reports. These features can help businesses optimize their employee development efforts and get a return on their investment in LinkedIn Learning.
What Linkedin Learning courses are available with a subscription?
There are a variety of courses available, from programming languages to professional skills. The huge course catalog of 16,000 courses is sure to have a course that is tailored for your needs.
In conclusion, LinkedIn Learning is a powerful online learning platform that offers a wide range of online courses in subjects such as business, technology, and skills. With expert instructors and self-paced courses, it’s a convenient and flexible way for professionals to improve their skills and advance their careers.
The inclusion of a free trial is perfect for those who want to get their hands on some courses and get a feel of the quality of courses in a Linkedin Learning subscription.
However, with subscription prices starting at $29.99 per month for the individual plan, it’s important to consider whether LinkedIn Learning is worth the cost. In this article, we’ve explored the various pricing options and features of LinkedIn Learning, as well as the pros and cons of using the platform. We’ve also provided tips on how to get the most value out of your subscription.
By the end of this guide, you should have a clear understanding of whether LinkedIn Learning is right for you and your professional development needs.
Frequently-Asked Questions (FAQ)
How much does Linkedin Learning cost?
Linkedin Learning costs differ depending on the size of learners enrolling into Linkedin Learning, as well as the monthly or annual subscription prices. In general, Linkedin Learning subscriptions cost $29.99 for an individual plan.
Is LinkedIn Learning worth the money?
Linkedin Learning has a very affordable monthly subscription that provide tons of good quality content for learning. Although most learners are different, there is a lot value in having a monthly subscription with how much Linkedin Learning costs.
Does Linkedin Learning have a free trial?
Yes, Linkedin Learning has a 30-day free trial. After the free trial, users will be charge for the individual monthly subscription. This also provides access to Linkedin Learning free courses.
Is LinkedIn Learning subscription-based?
Yes, Linkedin Learning subscription plans start with the individual plan for $29.99 for the monthly subscription, up to more than $410 per person annually for the Enterprise plans.